Monday, February 23, 2009

Happy Birthday!

It goes without saying, but time really flies by when you are having fun! Today is Marion's 33rd birthday! What really blows my mind away is that is coming July we will have been together for ten years, wow! Since we have class on Mondays, which that is an entirely different blog :o), we celebrated last night. We started a tradition a few years ago that on birthdays, for each other, we make something that we have never tried to create before. Knowing that my precious husband loves Chili Reno's (SP??) I decided on that. However I substituted some of the recipe. I used the:
1)poblano(sp?) peppers, which are not spicy in the least.
2)strips of NY Strip Steak, that had been marinated in cilantro, red onions, garlic, lime juice and rest, olive oil, and steak seasoning.
3) stuffed the steak, grilled onions and bell pepper into the poblano(sp?) peppers
4) drizzled yummy cheese sauce on top
5) sprinkled monetary and pepper jack cheese on top of all that.
6) placed it all into the oven to melt together.

When it came out it was a heavenly sight! Marion absolutely loved it! Kaitlyn seemed to love the steak, it was totally soft and tender :o), and beans. And Last but certainly not least was the dessert. Marion's all time favorite cake is Red Velvet cake. So I stayed safe on that end. This cake was not the best icing job, but it tasted good! P.S.~Sarah I totally love the cake plate! It keeps the cake so fresh. I can't believe that I live without one for so long. Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker