Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Going to the Chaple and We're gonna get Married...

" Bells will ring, OHH.." I love that song. I remember watching Father of the Bride a HUNDRED times when I was growing up. I dreamed about meeting the man of my dreams, planning a beautiful wedding, and relishing in our special day. It is hard to believe that eight years ago today Marion and I were married. Although we did not hire "Franck (the crazy wedding planner)" the wedding turned out nicely.

We were married on Saturday, May 5th at 5:00p.m. At this point in the day some small nerves started settling in, but there was no time to worry about nerves. I had go and get my hair and make-up done. A funny little side note to the day was that on the way back home to pick up my dress, I realized that no one had picked up the rose pedals for the flower girl. So I high tailed it to the nearest floral shop and thank goodness they had some for us to take. I wanted everything to go so smoothly and for the more part it all turned out great.

The past eight years had been WONDERFUL! Marion is a compassionate man of God and truly loves his family. I love how he balances my personality, opens my car door, has a heart of gold, seems quiet at first, but really is a comedian, is a leader of our home, has a vision for our marriage and family and works hard to maintain and reach that goal, and there are so many more things I love about this man that God has blessed me with, but I will save that for another post :o)



Thank you for a wonderful eight years Marion! I can't wait to see how the love story that God has written for us continues to unfold!






3 comments:

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker